Terms & Conditions
1. Reservations. To reserve a party please complete the form on the Contact page or call our office at 866-9 PARTY 7 (972-7897). We request reservations be made no less than three weeks prior to the requested party date.
2. Short Notice. Parties reserved with less than a two week notice will incur an additional fee of 25% of the total cost of the party.
3. Contracts. Once a reservation has been made Star Party will send a contract. You will need to review, sign and return contract and an invoice will be sent for submission of the the required deposit to hold your reservation.
4. Party Availability. Parties are booked on a first come, first served basis. Star Party will make every effort to accommodate your party date and time; however, if your date and time are not available we will make every effort to assist you with an alternative date and time.
5. Deposit/Payments. Deposit. A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total estimated cost of the party is required to hold your reservation. We can not hold your reservation without a signed contract AND required deposit. Final Payment. Seven days prior to your party you will be emailed a final bill to be paid. For deposits/payments, we accept checks (for deposits only), cash, credit cards (there's a 4% convenience fee when paying via credit card), Cash App, Venmo and Zelle. We do not accept personal or company checks for final payments. NSF: There is a $35 bank fee for any check that is returned due to NON SUFFICIENT FUNDS.
6. Tipping. Star Party’s party planners, party hosts and assistants are paid for their services, but you are more than welcome to tip them for exceptional service if you desire.
7. Tax/Delivery/Setup/Pickup. CA State Tax of 10% is collected on all rented, purchased, personalized and custom orders; however, we do not collect sales tax on services provided (Example: Star Party Planner, Characters, Face Painters, etc.). Delivery fees apply to parties located more than 10 miles from our LAX location. Setup is covered in the price of the Party-on-the-Go and a basic Theme Party. However, setup fee is dependent upon how extensive the setup is. Cost of setup and installation will be discussed once we know all elements involved in the party. There's no charge for pickup (it's included in the delivery fee); however all rental items should be prepared for pickup. Chairs should be stacked, tables folded and stacked and linens placed in a pile ready for pickup. If you prefer our team to breakdown the rentals please inform us at the time of booking, there is an additional charge for breakdown service.
8. Guidelines to Cancel a Party. Should you have to cancel your party for any reason please be reminded that your deposit is non refundable; however, we will be more than happy to reschedule your party and apply your deposit to a future party date that works for both our calendars. You are responsible for notifying your guests of any cancelled/rescheduled party.
9. To Reschedule a Party. Should you have to reschedule your party for any reason please notify Star Party as soon as possible. At that time we will be happy to reschedule a new party date for you, based upon availability. If we receive less than a one week notice, you may be responsible for the costs to replace any perishable non refundable items purchased for the party. Also, you will be responsible for notifying your guests.
10. Inclement Weather. If severe weather conditions prohibit you from having (or continuing) your party we will be happy to either move the party indoors (if the party has not started) or reschedule the party altogether. If you decide to reschedule, you will be responsible for the costs to replace any perishable non refundable items purchased for the party. If you wish to cancel please be reminded of our Cancellation Guidelines.
11. Changes to the Party. If you would like to make changes to your party please notify Star Party as soon as possible so that we can make every effort to accommodate your desires.
12. Minimum Attendance. Many of our Party Packages are designed for a minimum number of children, including the Guest of Honor. If the attendance falls below the minimum there will be no credit or refund given.
13. Arrival Time. Star Party will arrive at minimum 1½ hours prior to the party’s start time to set up. Each event is different if we anticipate set up for your party will take more than 1½ we will discuss a suitable arrival time.
14. Entertainment. Our Characters/Entertainers/Star Party Pros are hired for a specific length of time. Encourage your guests to arrive on time; however, if a guest arrives while the party is in progress they will be able to join the party at whatever stage the party is in at the time of their arrival. If, on the day of the event, the Client requests Characters/Entertainers/Star Party Pros stay beyond the designated agreed upon time AND Star Party is able to accommodate such request, the Client is required to pay $50 per half hour/per person. Client shall make payment for such additional services at the time of occurrence.
15. Photography/Video. Client acknowledges that photographs and video (if applicable) taken at the party may be used in advertisement (brochures, magazine ads, website and/or commercials); however, we make every effort to not use the direct likeness of you, your children and/or your guests.
16. Liability for Damage. We appreciate your consideration by ensuring that our property is treated gently and carefully. You are financially liable for any damages incurred.
17. Our Responsibility. Star Party is not responsible for any accidents that may occur before, during or after your party. We are however, responsible for providing our Client with excellent, timely and professional customer service. We are committed to making your experience with Star Party a positive one.
18. Your Responsibility. It is the responsibility of the Client to confirm with the guests’ parents and/or guardians of any allergies their children may have to the food, beverages or costumes Star Party will be providing and to notify Star Party immediately with your findings.
19. Enjoy. Most importantly, relax and enjoy the day and thank you for the opportunity to treat your child like a star!